git patch comments

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Jun 13 15:15:29 UTC 2011

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> That's how the git patches are created. If it is supposed to work then
> it is a bug because it is not working that way. I'll get this posted to
> the git list/bugzilla when I can. Thanks.

There isn't any git bugzilla, so just mailing the git list is the way
to go.  However, I'm still curious to see a git formatted patch that
is affected here.  I use git am regularly and have never seen this.

I just tested it by creating a commit message containing the following
text:

This is a test

Changes made:
    - foo
    - bar
    - baz

I then use git format-patch -1, switched to a new branch and use git
am to apply this patch.  The formatting was correct.

I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
    -- Thomas Carlyle