Adieu, Fedora

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 19:01:43 UTC 2011

On Sun June 12 2011, Stephen Bunn wrote:

> Seriously? You aren't really trying to argue the point that windows has
> better documentation than GNU/Linux.
>
> That and the *goal* shouldn't be who has the most users.  The *goal*
> should be a desktop that does what the user base needs it to do. The
> GNU/Linux user communities need to stop this nonsense of trying to
> compete with Windows and/or OS X.  Instead we should be focusing on
> building an operating system that works for the existing user base. If
> its good other people *will* learn it.

No, I think that Windows is just more "user-friendly" and does more "hand-
holding than Linux. I think we need to get out of the mindset of "we don't
want 'everybody' using linux because then it wouldn't be cool." It often
seems that's the attitude that a lot of people have, and I think we ought
to be doing more to encourage "joe 6pack" to pick up a copy of Linux and
install it over Windows.