nss_ldap + sssd for hostname resolution

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 20:04:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 15:45 -0400, Luc Lalonde wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I can't seem to get a combination that was working with Fedora 13 to
> work with Fedora 15.
>
> In Fedora 13 I would use these settings in /etc/nsswitch.conf:
>
> hosts:      files dns ldap
>
> And in /etc/ldap.conf:
>
> nss_base_hosts          ou=Hosts,dc=foobar,dc=org?one
>
> If I try to do this on Fedora 15, it doesn't work at all.   Is there a
> way to do this without having to install 'nss_ldap'?   I also would
> like to get the 'netgroups' from LDAP... this was also working with
> Fedora 13.

Fedora 15 switched to nss-pam-ldapd, which uses the /etc/nslcd.conf file
instead of /etc/ldap.conf (which was easy to confuse with the config
file for openldap).

SSSD now supports netgroups in Fedora 15, so you can just use
netgroups: files sss

We don't yet support the 'hosts' map, see
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/359