Is yum dependency resolution upside down?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Jun 13 20:44:45 UTC 2011

> There you're pretty much off-topic. ;-)

Not quite.  My thinking is that if it comes in with the rest of
Networking, there's a reason, even if I don't know what it is.  For all
I know it might simply be that that's how it was set up back when most
people only had dial-up service and that nobody's bothered to change it
because it doesn't take up enough room to worry about.  And, if so, that
might explain why taking it out takes our the rest of Network Services:
nobody's thought to take a look at it and see if that still makes sense.