Adieu, Fedora

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 22:51:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Dave Ihnat <dihnat at dminet.com> wrote:
> We need to get more beginner docco out there--and get it to people.  Maybe
> downloading a Linux distro results in an E-Mail to the user with a link to
> "How Linux is Different from Windows"--which is a video, and a text
> document, and maybe a downloadable E-Book--that describes what they're
> going to see, and how to do the same things in Linux they commonly have to
> do in Windows, and how to solve common installation problems--and avoids
> fanboi/religious rants while doing so.  (No, this doesn't exist, AFAIK).

<file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/fedora-release-notes/en-US/index.html>

or,

<file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/fedora-release-notes/<your_lang_env>/index.html>

Isn't this easy to follow? Maybe there could be a one time splash
screen reminding a new user on first login that the documentation is
already on their system.

--
Suvayu