Still some mysteie about FC15

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 14 13:15:45 UTC 2011

> >> --less? Do you mean --list? If so, the latter really isn't accurate.
> >> It even warns about that:
> > I did mean chkconfig --list
> > That works on my machine. Are you saying it does not?
>
> Where exactly in the wiki does it say it won't work?
>
> Rahul

In the section headed "Does chkconfig command work with systemd?

The last line says: chkconfig --list doesn't list systemd services,
which is a slightly more obscure statement. Are not services like sshd
services systemd services. I suspect from the warning that is produuces
when it is run there is at least one class of systemd services that
chkconfig --list will not report on.

Could you clarify the meaning of the warning produced when it is run?
"A power so great, it can only be used for Good or Evil!" -- Firesign
Theatre, "The Giant Rat of Summatra"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net