Further mysteries of F15 and Gnome3 .

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Tue Jun 14 14:41:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 08:49:53AM -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> Even stranger I found you could not put instances of the same program in
> both workspaces. For example,  if Firefox is in one workspace a
> different instance of Firefox can't be put in the second workspace. If
> anyone out there knows how to do that I would be glad to hear about it.

Try this Aaron.

1) open a terminal
2) right clik on the terminal window with the mouse and select
   'Open Terminal'
3) press 'Ctrl+Alt+Shit+DownArrow'
4) right clik on the terminal window with the mouse and select
   'Open Terminal'
5) press 'Ctrl+Alt+Shit+DownArrow'
6) right clik on the terminal window with the mouse and select
   'Open Terminal'
7) press 'Ctrl+Alt+Shit+DownArrow'

Now press the 'Windows' key or 'Alt+F1' and look at the panel
with the workspaces in the Activities overview.

See how long you can keep this up before the gnome shell protests ;)

Alexander