Adieu, Fedora

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 19:47:05 UTC 2011

--- On Tue, 6/14/11, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> From: Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>
> Subject: Re: Adieu, Fedora
> To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 4:48 AM
> On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 07:14 +0800, Ed
> Greshko wrote:
> > On 06/13/2011 06:08 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > > I'll still keep an eye on Fedora for old time's
> sake.  And 12 will stay on the system as a back
> up.  So, it's not exactly farewell, just . . .
> > >
> > > Auf Wiedersehen,
> >
> > I've recently switched from briefs to boxers.
> Somehow I don't think
> > that is worthy of an announcement
> either.   :-) :-)
> >
> ----
> I for one am far more interested in knowing the motivation
> for the
> switch than in debating Linux vs Windows. I'm suspecting it
> was the pink
> hearts.
>
> Craig
>

> --

There is a story at distrowatch comment # 66 about a person who used linux for a while and like it still does, but went back to windows because of several problems.  Here's link:

http://batsov.com/Linux/Windows/Rant/2011/06/11/linux-desktop-experience-killing-linux-on-the-desktop.html

This is sad in some ways :(, the world is not perfect.  While many users like and enjoy Fedora and other versions of Linux out there, not everything works as it could and in a place close to home several folks complain to me that * driver does not work that what a great system I use.  I tell him that it might get there :(

Regards,

Antonio