Still some mysteie about FC15

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:48:53 UTC 2011

On 06/15/2011 01:34 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/14/2011 11:51 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> That wasn't my point.   Was any part of the following Q&A actually
>> obscure to you?
> I haven't had time to look at it.

It is such a short question and answer.  Why not read it first?  It
takes about a minute to read a single sentence in question and it is the
topic  of the discussion after all.

> And, my point was that the way you
> phrased your response made it look like you were expecting everybody to
> understand things that the average user has no need to be aware of.
> It's not that you're unwilling to explain, because you're not.  I would,
> however, prefer it if you remembered that the reason we're asking some
> of these questions is because we *don't* know as much as you do.  I'm
> not asking you to dumb things down as much as you would if you were
> discussing Gatesware with users, just that you remember that when we ask
> things that you find obvious it's because we've not studied the
> internals as deeply as you have.

This has nothing to do with any deep expertise.  I wrote the entire wiki
page and I want to know what is so  confusing about this sentence

"chkconfig --list doesn't list systemd services and the output of
chkconfig itself has a note on this. You will have to use systemctl
command instead."

Since you haven't taken the time to read it,  I would appreciate an
answer from someone who has,.

Rahul