Still some mysteie about FC15

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jun 15 08:42:52 UTC 2011

On 06/15/2011 03:48 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> This has nothing to do with any deep expertise.  I wrote the entire wiki
> page and I want to know what is so  confusing about this sentence
>
> "chkconfig --list doesn't list systemd services and the output of
> chkconfig itself has a note on this. You will have to use systemctl
> command instead."
>
> Since you haven't taken the time to read it,  I would appreciate an
> answer from someone who has,.

I have read it, and found it perfectly clear....

I don't know if it would help to make it clearer than it already
is...but you may consider a slight restructure.

"chkconfig --list doesn't list systemd services, only SysV services.
The output of chkconfig takes note of this, along with supplying
additional information."

BTW, I searched but came up empty when looking for the
differences/meaning between/of "exited" and "running" in the SUB column
output of  systemctl.  Do you know where that is explained?