Adieu, Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 15 13:02:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 11:38 +0100, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> Reading, reporting and interpreting labels are not the job of the USB
> drivers or their maintainers. The right people to help really are the
> maintainers of the user space hardware abstraction subsystems and the
> various desktop environments.

And how about giving the devices a label?  That's something that really
sucks on all the Linux desktops I've tried.

Other OS's let you select a device and rename it through the GUI.  Don't
like it being called USBdisc?  Then rename it to musicdrive, the same
way as you'd rename any other file or folder (usually:  right-click,
rename).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686