A clarification of Fedora philosophy.

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:33:33 UTC 2011

On 06/15/2011 05:14 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> But first don't you mean gconf-editor rather than dconf-editor? The
> latter when installed does not show up in the menus of Gnome3 and seems
> to me rather obscure to use. At least I can't figure out how to use it.

dconf / gsettings is the replacement for gconf in GNOME 3.  So I do mean
dconf-editor

> So if gnome-tweak-tool is useful (I first heard of it from your post)
> why not include it in the distribution to make configuration of Gnome3
> easier for the user?

Many useful tools are not installed by default for various reason.
Essentially what is in the default installation in the desktop,  is the
decision of the desktop team members.  If you want to ask them,  post to
the desktop mailing list in Fedora

Rahul