Gnome3

Jayson Rowe rowe.jayson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 23:17:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Vinny Onelli wrote:

> Hello,
> I installed Fedora 15, now I am struggling with gnome3. Here is one
> thing that I can't seam to find the way to solve, if I have 2 window
> open one is full screen and the other is smaller, clicking to the full
> screen pushes the smaller behind. how to reduce the size of the full
> screen?
> I appreciate if some one can direct me to find the handle.
> It looks like I am going to have a lot of fun with gnome3.
> Thank you Vinny.

Hi Vinny!
By default GNOME 3 only has a "Close" button on Windows, but there are a
couple of ways to get your smaller window back. If you want to do it in
the way you describe (make Maximized window smaller), double-click
the title-bar of the maximized window, and this will restore it.

The other way to get to your smaller windows is to either move your mouse
to the upper left-hand corener of your screen, or tap the "Super" (Windows
Key if your keyboard has one) which will bring up all windows you have
open at the time, and you can choose the one you want.

I hope this helps you with your problem!

Jayson