Special characters

Roelof 'Ben' Kusters web at bentrein.com
Thu Jun 16 12:47:42 UTC 2011

My apologies for not being clear in the opening letter, but I was looking
for a solution for Fedora 15. :) However, I did manage to get the
suggestion by Petrus de Calguarium to work, which was this:

>> I'm using the US English keyboard, and am so used to that, I don't want
>> change the layout.
> I type a lot in German and French and I also use the US 104-key generic
> layout.In systemsettings/input devices/keyboard/layouts, you can select
> US-
> international with dead keys (sometimes called acentos).

Many thanks, Petrus. However, in F15 the settings are under System
Settings -> Region and Language -> Layout. You can edit the current layout
to get the dead keys, but it is possible to add a new layout.

íïéë - Iḿ almost loving it... :) All I need to learn is which alt I need
to type to get the apostrophe, and not an m with an accent...

--
Greetz,

Roelof Kusters
aka Ben

The internet isn't a highway, it's a swamp: the more you surf, the more it
draws you in.

Make 1000 euros in minutes! Sell my house: http://www.bentrein.com/house