Firefox bug or what?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:03:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:49:10 -0500
Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> The problem appears to crop up if you install the non-preferred
> application (gv in my case) after the preferred one (epdfview in my
> case).

I just did an experiment. I created a brand new user from scratch,
logged in as him, and told it to use acroread when I opened a pdf.
That actually did start acroread instead of evince. I then grepped
the new ~/.mozilla directory for the string "acroread" and found
it in the ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/mimeTypes.rdf file. So
maybe that file is the one I need to fix in my existing user's
home directory.