How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 16 14:09:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 21:47 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:

>      * Account type: IMAP
>      * Incoming mail server: imap.ndsu.nodak.edu
>      * Incoming mail server encryption: SSL on port 993

Then you probably need to specify the incoming mail server as
imap.nsdu.nodak.edu:993 . Also make sure that you specify SSL
encryption.

>      * Outgoing mail server: smtp.ndsu.nodak.edu
>      * Outgoing mail server encryption: TLS on port 587

Outgoing server is then smtp.ndsu.nodak.edu:587 and you will need to
check the "server requires authentication" box. Also make sure that you
check TLS encryption.

--Greg