'at' command and apache user

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Jun 16 23:41:51 UTC 2011

On 16Jun2011 18:58, Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk> wrote:
| Hopefully this is a quickie.  I've written a Perl script which
|
| 1) I call to initialise - this then schedules another run using the 'at'
| command
|
| 2) is run by 'at' at the appropriate time to carry out the required task
|
| This works fine under the developer user but when I call it from PHP in my web
| server the 2nd part fails and generates the following email.
|
| Subject: Output from your job       17
| From: Apache <apache at ringways.co.uk>
|   To: apache at ringways.co.uk
|   Date: Today 18:51:00
|
| This account is currently not available.
|
| I have tried creating /etc/at.allow and adding apache. /etc/at.deny us empty
|
| it still doesn't work. Can anyone suggest what I need to do next please.

Might the account be "locked"? Check out the /etc/shadow file - "!!"
instead of "x" in the crypt field. May as well check the account has a
shell too: /bin/sh instead of /bin/false.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times.  But that
is not for them to decide.  All we have to decide is what to do with the time
that is given us."