Two elementary questions on LANs

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jun 17 10:45:06 UTC 2011

On 06/17/2011 06:17 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Thanks for your continuing help.
> As I mentioned, I searched (grep -r 192.168.1.7) on the laptop
> for the address that kept re-appearing, in /etc and /var/lib
> and it did not appear in either.
> Of course it might have been in some other form, eg as an octal number.

No, it won't be in another form.....

I alluded to this in my DHCP tome...  But if the client doesn't have and
doesn't ask for its previous IP address then the server will most likely
server up the same IP address that it had given the MAC address.

Anyway, good to hear all of your issues have been resolved.