How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Jun 17 20:18:38 UTC 2011

On 06/17/2011 08:27 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Is there a reason to expect Thunderbird to do better?
> I have mmajor difficulties putting much effort
> into something I expect not to work.

I use Thunderbird and found it easy to set up.  (Of course, I've lots
more experience with this than you do, but it's not as obscure as it
might be.)  In Thunderbird, there's a typing box for the server name and
a second box for the port number instead of putting it all into one
entry as mail.example.com:110.  I'd guess that you can have it set up
and tested in under ten minutes once it's installed and the only likely
problem is not getting the authentication method right the first time.