Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 20:44:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you know swing is not perfect,
> just overlaid on awt. (despite import javax.Swing)
> and it may be that you need Oracles JDk,
> to get all the classes you need,
> have you checked the same apps on a Win Box?

Frank, I know you are trying to help, but I'm pretty sure the bug is
not in the apps.
Like you said, if the problem is swing/awt, then its the
openjdk/oraclejdk not the app.

I first noticed the problem on Fedora 14 while trying gnome-shell.
Switched back to standard gnome and the problem went away.

It does not happen in any other platform. I work regularly on Windows,
Ubuntu (havent try it on Unity yet), Fedora pre-gnome3, Mac Os X
without any problem.  In addition, the problem happens using both
Oracle JDK and OpenJDK.

In case you want to try it yourself, you can download IntelliJ IDEA
10.5 (or any version), run it maximized and try to select anything on
a menu or context menu. It happens in every swing-based java app I use
daily (IntelliJ IDEA, Aqua Data Studio, soapUI, among others).

--
Ricardo Veguilla González
veguilla at gmail.com