systemctl command that is the same as chkconfig --level

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 21:02:47 UTC 2011

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> But: chkconfig --level 35 nfs on
>
> would start on entering runlevel 3 and 5 and not on entering runlevel 2
> 4. Are you saying you can't arrange to do that in systemd. Is that
> considered a step up?

As I understand it (could be inaccurate :-) ), there are no run levels 0, 1,
2, 3, 4, 5 &c, so you are trying to impose a legacy paradigm onto the current
one. The computer does not go into run levels 3 or 5, because they don't
exist. It goes into multi-user or graphical target.

AIUI, when you want nfs.service to come on in multi-user and graphical
targets, you issue the command systemctl enable nfs.service as root.

Perhaps you could be more specific (or restate, in case you already did
earlier) about what you wish to do and someone else can try to give a more
specific answer to help you get the setup you are seeking to achieve.