Gimp and Eye-of-gnome shows jpeg images that don't match

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 05:59:00 UTC 2011

Michael Schwendt ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
18/06/2011 20:42:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:13:26 +0200, A wrote:
>
>> Tim ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 18/06/2011 16:04:

>>> Are you viewing it at a different magnification?  Different programs are
>>> better at handling shrinking a picture to fit the screen, and use
>>> different techniques.
>>>
>> Tim,
>>
>> a rescaled jpeg image has been loaded:
>>
>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/imgp0379scalata.jpg/
>>
>> Will you carry same tests I did, open in Gimp and eye-of-Gnome?? Tnx for
>> attention
> Cannot reproduce with F15. Opened the image in gimp, eog, and geeqie. Always
> displays with the pink nuances (which are missing in one of your examples
> in the gallery).
>
> Have you tried to reproduce with a fresh user account yet?

I am using a laptop (Acer) and I have a doubt about colour profiles, I
have a doubt that Geeqie, EOG and Gimp are using different color
profiles, see a new image with all applications (Gimp has more blue
nuisance)...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/schermata3.jpg/

And when I opened a png image the Gimp suddenly asked whether it should
use tha automatic screen color profile
I made same test with a different user, I also deleted the .gimp folder
in order to start from scratch

Tnx

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F15 (Lovelock) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
www.campingmonterosa.com
www.studiodacolpaloschi.it