5-star Fedora experience

Gary Waters linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Sun Jun 19 17:13:13 UTC 2011

On 06/19/2011 10:58 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:36, Gary Waters <linuxnutster at videotron.ca
> <mailto:linuxnutster at videotron.ca>> wrote:

>     let her take a look at gnome 3 on my computer and she went "how cool."
>

> 73 year olds say "how cool"? I thought ´cool´ was a 1980s thing (sorry,
> English is not my native language :)
>
> I thought that by that age (no pun intended) one gets closer to "I'm 73
> years old. What the hell do I care? " ;-)
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107050/quotes
>
> FC

  She more than likely picked up that expression from me and never
dropped it. I was a very verbose teen. I remember having a few
expressions such as "how cool" and "dig it." I also eventually started
using the nasty "F-word." She, however, did not swear until being
overexposed to it. I was always saying things like "buck it" or "buck that."

One day, out of the blue, she hollered "why don't you clean up your
bucking room?" After the initial shock I'm pretty sure I said "how
cool," mom used the f-word. :-)

GW