Paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 20 15:44:00 UTC 2011

There is a paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3 which I have not
seen discussed on this list.

Gnome2 is totally mouse oriented. Everything you want to do you do by
moving the mouse and clicking. Obviously I am rerring to Gnome2 itself
not applications.

However, in Gnome3 a large fraction of actions have been moved to the
keyboard.

This is the same difference as that of creating documents in Word and
Latex. And this change in paradigm used to be a hot topic.

Does anyone out there have an opinion pro or con about this shift that
will no doubt be continued into the future with Gnome?
He who hesitates is last.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net