How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Tue Jun 21 04:42:59 UTC 2011

Two questions: are you sure you have an IMAP account set up? Reading
from here, it appears that the settings may be different:

http://www.ndsu.edu/its/help/index/e_mail/ndsu_outlook/non_supported_e_mail_software_setup/imap/

Also, I assume you want to fetch e-mail first and use a mailer
separately. Is this true? If not, you can forget about fetchmail and
have claws-mail or thunderbird or sylpheed or something else do it for
you. I am a latecomer to this thread, so do not know if you mentioned
this earlier.

Ranjan