Paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 21 10:11:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 07:05 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> This Gnome 3 isn't a replacement for Gnome 2, it is an entirely
> different product with a completely different target audience.
>
> To me it's like my favorite take-away pizza store having stopped
> shipping pizza and now selling burgers instead.

But calling the burgers, "pizzas."

Seriously, you annoy all your existing users when you change something
so much that it's not an improvement, but a complete change.  And you
have more existing users than you'll have new users.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.