Paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue Jun 21 12:58:30 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 04:39 AM, Steve Searle wrote:

> If you install gnome-shell-extentions-alternate-tab this will revert
> alt-tab to the old behaviour, without the need to vertically switch when
> you have more than one instance of an application.

   I'd be very wary of 3rd party extensions - the API is not guaranteed
to be stable and the extensions live outside of gnome core - so they may
break at any time - unless they are released and tested as part of core
it seems like bad advice to suggest people rely on them.

   Also, how are security/privacy issues checked and managed in
extensions versus gnome core - do people just trust the extension
writers - or are the fedora packagers actively verifying there are no
issues?