gnome does not start under realvnc...

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Tue Jun 21 14:21:30 UTC 2011

Στις 21/6/2011 14:58, ο/η Ed Greshko έγραψε:
> On 06/21/2011 04:19 PM, Georgios Petasis wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I upgraded yesterday from Fedora 14 ->  15, and now I am having problems
>> with my desktop:
>> Gnome does not start under RealVnc (Enterprise edition, 4.6.1).
>>
>> What I get is a big image, and a message "oh no! something has gone
>> wrong", with a prompt to logout and try again.
>> Looking at the xsession errors, the only crucial that I see is that
>> metacity re-spawns too quickly.
>> And indeed, trying to run metacity under a terminal, results in an
>> immediate crash.
>>
>> Any ideas? How can I fix this?
>>
>> My server is a remote one, always reached through VNC, so I have no
>> alternatives for the time being...
>>

> I too have a system that was updated from F14 to F15.
>
> It didn't have tigervnc-server installed on it.  So, I just installed it
> and connected to it via the RealVNC app for Android on my Android
> Tablet.  I had no problem.
>
> Of course the GNOME session is "fallback" mode and not GNOME shell.
>
> Would you consider trying the tigervnc-server instead of RealVnc server
I wish I could use tigervnc. I use windows for accessing the server, and
I like the scaling the RealVNC client does. And I also like encryption
and file transfer. Does tiger vnc supports these features?

Can the RealVNC client support encryption when connected to a tigervnc
server?

George