disabling automount in F15

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:07:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:33:46 -0400
Rich Mahn wrote:

> I'm sure there's something somewhere to tell me exactly what I want,
> but I haven't found it yet.

This may still be valid for f15, or it may have changed yet again:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/braindump/hide-disk.html

Mostly you need to create a file with some name like:

/etc/udev/rules.d/99-zzz-local.rules

And put this sort of stuff in it:

# tell annoying tools on system there is a friggin reason I didn't mount
# these things and they shouldn't go mounting them either.
#
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="BACKUP", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="F12ROOT64", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="MAINBOOT", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"

That uses disk labels, presumably there are other attributes
you could use as well.