How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Tue Jun 21 21:36:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:04:03 -0500 Michael Hennebry
<hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> The problem is Linux vs. Microsoft Exchange 5.5 .
> The help desk guy tells me that he will try to get IMAP enabled on my account.
> He does not guaranty success.
> Is there anything Linux that will talk to Microsoft Exchange 5.5?

Why should this be an issue? Linux is by and large backwards
compatible. Wait for the week that you are supposed to, and then try
it. And in future, please first go through your institutional
requirements before having us dig through stuff for you.

Ranjan