OT: CantOS 6x, Scientific 6x

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jun 22 03:27:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 11:52 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> As CentOS is still on 5x
> Could I install Scientific in a VM,
> and convert it to CentOS 6x when they release it?
>
> As I'm currently unfamiliar with any differences between bot distros.
>
> Uses: Local lan mail server, Zabbix.
----
question is better suited for CentOS list but the answer is yes but
consider how slow they have been not only in bringing 6.0 out (now more
than 8 months since RHEL 6.0 release) but also their updates including
security updates for CentOS 5.x. I gave up on CentOS. All new servers I
am setting up on Ubuntu LTS.

Craig

believed to be clean.