Removing NetworkManager results in very slow boot

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 09:47:31 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 22 June 2011 06:37:30 JD wrote:
> On 06/21/2011 10:13 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:

> Glad to hear you have it working for you.
> Does it manage your wifi connection?
> I have been trying to make it work for
> my wifi connection, and it always invokes
> wpa_supplicant with the wrong params
> and so, it never tries to connect to my wifi
> network.
> Would appreciate some pointers to docs on
> how to properly config NM to use the right
> wpa_supplicant.conf.

IIRC, I think I have read somewhere that NM does not invoke the regular
wpa_supplicant, but has its own internal version, and it completely ignores
the wpa_supplicant.conf file.

I remember that at some point I used the old network service to start my
wireless network, and I used to configure and use wpa_supplicant. When I
switched to NM, this became unnecessary, as NM did everything itself. Since
then I typically disable the wpa_supplicant (chkconfig wpa_supplicant off) and
just let NM take care of everything.

So, you want to forget that .conf file, get into the NM GUI and configure wpa
credentials from there. Worksforme (btw, I'm still on F14, not sure if any of
this changed for F15).

But anyway, we are hijacking the thread from the OP here... ;-)

HTH, :-)
Marko