f15: disable automatic update

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 22 15:07:48 UTC 2011

On 06/22/2011 02:23 PM, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
> On 06/22/2011 01:31 PM, g wrote:
>> On 06/22/2011 09:02 AM, Dario Lesca wrote:
>>> How to disable automatic update on Fedora 15?
>> easy.
>>
>> man yum-updatesd.conf
>>
> I am not using F15, but on F14 automatic updates could easily be turned
> off in the Preferences -> Software Updates menu...don't know what the
> equivalent in F15 would be, since I dont know my way around Gnome3

i am not using f15 or f14. lost f14 in upgrade from f13.

using sl 5.4 and kde 3.5.4-25.el5_4.1.

there are 2 possibilities for automatic updating recent distributions
and versions of linux.

basically, yum is yum, as would/should/might be with 'Preferences -> Software
 Updates' menu for kde 4.x.

therefore, my error. my bad.

i did not ask op to clarify in my email,

  Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:31:55 +0000

reply;

 1} how are you running updates?

 2} what does;

      ]$ ls -l /var/log/yum.log

    show?

  3} if above date is recent, from;

      ]$ less /var/log/yum.log

     what is latest date shown?

can not suggest query for your '"Preferences -> Software Updates" menu'
files as i only use yum. tho, i that guess that richard hughes may use
and know.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,