Removing NetworkManager results in very slow boot

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 22 16:10:51 UTC 2011

On 22/06/11 16:04, john wendel wrote:
> On 06/21/2011 10:13 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>> On 06/22/2011 03:43 AM, john wendel wrote:
>>>
>>> I removed the NetworkManager stuff from systemd, since I don't want to
>>> run it. Now there's a long boot delay while DBUS tries repeatedly to
>>> talk to NetworkManager.
>>>
>>> Obviously, I did something wrong. How should I have stopped NetworkManager?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> Apologies before saying this, ever tried Windoze? No networkmanager,
>> just lots of other, (choose your own words). Personally networkmanager
>> works for me, but as the saying goes, to each their own.
>>

> Ever tried not being a moron? If NetworkManager worked for me, I'd be
> using it. And no, I haven't used Windoze since I installed Linux over my
> Windows 98 system.
>
> John

Snap, I abandoned windoze 98 to Linux as well, and although I have had
to use windoze for work, I'm not even slightly persuaded to return. By
the way I've also posted some details of how I managed to configure
wireless router and networkmanager to work. But as I'm a moron it's
probably of no use to you.

cpp4ever