Intriquing little FB (and other web) problem. Adding spaces or tabs to posts.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jun 22 19:37:52 UTC 2011

Hi;

FaceBook and other messaging programs remove excess spaces.  That is
fine for most posts, but occasionally I want to retain my columnar
formatting.  I am will to insert a ctl-u unicode formula for space or
tab if such can be found.  I know I can send my data as an image, but I
am looking for something the is quick and dirty that I can use on the
fly.  E.G. on FB now <Enter> sends the post but <shift><Enter> can be
used to end a line and start a new paragraph.

Any suggestions??

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 14, Gnome 2.32