How to get this OUTPUT? perl/awk/sed? How?

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 23:54:06 UTC 2011

On 06/22/2011 06:45 AM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> On 06/22/2011 07:27 AM, lancebaynes87 wrote:
>> How can I generate from this INPUT in "general"
>>
>> INPUT (/proc/net/ip_conntrack)
> [...]
>> OUTPUT
>>
>> udp 192.168.1.128 3
>> tcp 192.168.1.129 2
>> udp 192.168.1.1 1
>> tcp 192.168.1.201 1
>
> Mike's perl version is probably more extensible, more readable, more efficent
> and more rational but I have a soft spot for awk, sed and pipelines:
>
> $ awk '/^udp/{print $1" "$4} /^tcp/{print $1" "$5}' /tmp/data | sed 's/src=//' |
> sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$1}' | sort -rk3
> udp 192.168.1.128 3
> tcp 192.168.1.129 2
> udp 192.168.1.1 1
> tcp 192.168.1.201 1
>
> The first awk selects the fields and gets them into two identical columns
> (prot/src), sed trims of the src= prefix, the first sort gets identical lines to
> be adjacent so that the subsequent uniq -c will count them and then the second
> awk and final sort get the presentation (column order and reverse sort by count)
> into the form specified.
>
> You could also do the whole thing in awk (and probably sed too) but that would
> require stopping to think about the problem - this took a minutes or two of "do
> this then that.. then, there that looks right.." which is why I still have a
> fondness for these tools and the shell's ability to combine them.
>
> Cheers,
> Bryn.

This might be a bit easier to understand and it's not limited to only
udp and tcp connections.

Adjust the first awk field numbers to suit your /proc/net/nf_conntrack
format.  This one works with mine:

ipv4     2 tcp      6 431993 ESTABLISHED src=192.168.15.5
dst=192.168.15.2 ...

cat /proc/net/nf_conntrack | awk '{print $3" "$7}' | sort | uniq -c |
awk '{print $2" "$3" "$1}'

--
    °v°
   /(_)\