XBMC Airplay on Fedora ?!?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:57:25 UTC 2011

Hi guys,
I installed xbmc and use it as my media center on Fedora, and it works
awesome. I also have some apple devices and would love to use Airplay
feature so that I could play video instead on small iphone screen on
large TV screen via airplay feature.

You can see how this feature works in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBfC8Lqumo

I setup xbmc per this wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/play2wifi/wiki/README

su -
yum install xbmc python-twisted

wget http://play2wifi.googlecode.com/files/Play2wifi-0.1.tar.bz2
tar xvjf Play2wifi*
cd Play2wifi*
cd src
cp play2wifi.service /etc/avahi/services/

/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon restart
vi play2wifi.cfg # port 8080
python play2wifi.py

But when I try to airplay video from iphone or ipad to my XBMC I just
get an error that video can't be played on my Fedora box ;(

I don't have LiveTV menu in my XBMC so maybe that is the issue?!? How
can I enable LiveTV menu in XBMC?

Please try these instructions and say if you get video to play on XBMC.

Thanks,
Valent.

--
follow me - www.twitter.com/valentt & http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
linux, anime, spirituality, wireless, scuba, linuxmce smart home, zwave
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic, MSN: valent.turkovic at hotmail.com