F15 fails to suspend/hibernate on Thinkpad W510+

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 18:02:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 04:56:02PM +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
> Now, how did you configure the lid closing behaviour? If you made it
> to cause suspend, you could try hibernate, and vice versa. In fact,
> for testing purposes I'd leave the lid thing out altogether and try
> pm-suspend or pm-hibernate from the command line.

sudo pm-suspend ::
  resulted in the laptop getting hosed and required a hard restart.

sudo pm-hibernate ::
  the laptop seemed to hibernate, but when I started it it bypassed grub
but I was no longer logged in; i.e., it acted as if it had just shutdown

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/