gnome 3 doesn't start any more

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Fri Jun 24 19:37:48 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
24/06/2011 21:12:
> On 06/24/2011 10:00 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> I rebooted the machine but when I getto the login screen Iget the message:
>>
>> Oh no something must have gone wrong asking for anew session, but no way
>>
>> I am using an intel card, with i915 driver (not sure about it).
>> If I use the nomodeset option the systems logs ininfallback mode
>>
>> Any hint???
>
> It appears that the Firefox 5 security update that was pushed is
> creating problems for some users.  There is a thread at
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-June/101021.html
>
> You can followup there if you want to
>
> Rahul

tnx, already following the thread: in the meantime can the dangerous
updates be removed from at least the stable repo??

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F15 (Lovelock) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it