cannot boot to F14

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Jun 25 16:28:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, jackson byers wrote:

> You first message showed an F14 stanza (no chainloading).
> Try calling that; just copy it to your F13 grub.conf
> and then choose it instead of the F13 default

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

That's *almost* what I did before starting this thread.
I'd thought that I had to copy other files into the boot partition
and remove the /boot portion of file names.
I'd thought the root command just determined what the kernel made / .
Having reread the info entry on root,
I'm still a little fuzzy on what it does.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.