frozen gnome 3 desktop

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Jun 25 22:08:53 UTC 2011

On 06/24/2011 11:18 AM, L wrote:

>> I've done 2 desktop upgrades. One worked fine. One had the problems you
>> described (frequent freezes), so I had to downgrade it back to F14.
>>
>> Three server upgrades have gone well, but they don't have gnome3, of course.
>>
>> Not very helpful, but another data point anyway...
> temperately I use classic gnome instead of gnome 3. It seems working
> ok with classic gnome
How did you get classic gnome on F15?

Was this done using LiveCD or after installing F15 on the HD
then doing a Gnome downgrade?  I would like the details if
that is ok?

I was checking out F15 LiveCD on an older system and Gnome3
popped up an error message saying that it failed, however,
clicking 'Close' on the error popup continues on and I was able to log
in.  I can do a few things but then after a time (about 5 minutes or
so), the system completely hangs. So, I did not want to attempt an
install at this point.

F14 works on my old system with 384MB RAM,  although it runs slow.