External USB-drive and F15

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 04:57:28 UTC 2011

On 06/26/2011 09:50 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> On 27 June 2011 08:45, JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hiisi
>> How is the external drive connected to your system?
>>
> Oops! Forgot to mention. It's attached on usb-port. Here's
> corresponding line from lsusb output:
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0bc2:50a1 Seagate RSS LLC
> --
> Hiisi
I have a 1.5TB dirve with external USB2.0 and eSATA
connection ports (on the external box).
I had tried to get it to reamain stable while using it
on USB ports. I kep losing connection with the drive.
USB is inherenly unreliable.
So, I purchased a pcmcia card with 2 eSATA ports,
and connected to the external box vit it's eSATA port.
I have never had any problems ever since.

Have you thought of putting a USB 3.0 card in your system?
I think the drive you describe comes with USB 3.0 connection, right?

JD