External USB-drive and F15

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 05:28:25 UTC 2011

On 06/26/2011 10:06 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> On 27 June 2011 08:57, JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>  wrote:
> <--SNIP-->
>> Have you thought of putting a USB 3.0 card in your system?
>> I think the drive you describe comes with USB 3.0 connection, right?
>>
>> JD
>>
> Yes, I already have usb 3.0 port. Should I use it instead USB 2.0? Is
> it more reliable? I think I'll simply put the drive inside computer
> box and connect it directly to eSATA bus. The drive won't move
> anywhere.
> Thank you JD. Your hints are sharp as lightening ;- )
> --
> Hiisi
In that case, I would opt for connecting it to the internal eSATA port.
Try it and let it run (i.e. with transactions) for a while and check
for error messages in /var/log/messages. I think that should solve
your problems, assuming there is absolutely nothing wrong with
the drive itself. Be sure to force fsck first before you mount it.