[OT] Spelling... [was: Re: where is gnomebreakpad]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 27 11:35:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 21:22 +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Well, I am one of the people who deliberately turn off the
> spell-checker in my mail client (KMail). Why? Because I often compose
> mails in non-English languages, sometimes mixing several languages in
> the same e-mail, etc. And it gets on my nerves when the whole text of
> my e-mail is underlined in red just because I am writing it in a
> language that is not English.

And if you write technical documents, just about every technical term,
and other jargon, is marked out as being incorrect.

I used to load up a old document in new word processors, and add every
word *it* marked as incorrect as being correct, to try and get all the
spell checker alerts out of the way, ahead of time.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.