Howto change window colours in GNOME3

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Mon Jun 27 16:57:53 UTC 2011

On 06/27/2011 09:43 AM, Jouk Jansen wrote:
> L.S.
>
> How can I change the colour scheme of the windows in GNOME3? (I hate the
> greyish colours and my eyes are more suited to some other colours) In GNOME2
> I could do this with the gnome-appearance-properties, which seems to be
> absent in GNOME3. I tried the gnome-tweak-tool, but that one only allows for
> different themes, but not the colour schems of the themes.

Sure your .sig is long enough?

Anyhow, I did some searching for a tutorial on how to edit or create a
Gnome3 theme. I haven't found one yet.  Anyone reading this have one?

It seems to me the solution would be to clone the current Gnome3 theme
and then start editing the new copy. Use gnome-tweak-tools to switch
back and forth to get an idea of what does what. When you get something
nice, please publish it!

I'm not (yet) annoyed with anything in the current look and feel to
start that process.

  -- steve