backup copy of F14 boots, but can't login

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 27 23:59:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 13:41 -0700, jackson byers wrote:
> I can't login:  after entering my password
> the screen recycles to the login screen,
> and continues to do this if I keep trying.
>
> [byers at f14 ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.35.13-92.fc14.i686.PAE
>
> hints?, advice?

I've seen this, long ago, when the tmp directory permissions were wrong.
The usual drwxr-xr-x directory defaults don't suit, sticky permissions
were needed.

  i.e.  drwxrwxrwt 221 root root 20480 2011-06-28 09:23 tmp

You could see if that were still the case.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.