Sound Juicer offers no profiles

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue Jun 28 01:55:07 UTC 2011

I'm new to music management in Fedora.  I'm trying to rip a CD to MP3
format using Sound Juicer in F15.  When I open SJ, it pops up a dialog
that says:

        The currently selected audio profile is not available on your
        installation.

and offers me a chance to Quit or Change Profile.  If I try to change
profile, the CD is opened and the preferences window opens.  The CD
Drive selector is blank, but choosing it lists the only CD drive in the
machine.  After selecting that, the selector remains blank, which seems
odd.

But the real problem is, the Output Format selector lists no options at
all.  I expected some options available by default, as described in the
help for SJ.

Any idea what I've done wrong?

TIA.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Mathematical Sciences