f15 :: how to activate the network to start at boot

edik landave elwanka at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:38:59 UTC 2011

Take it easy, it's just a common thing, as root run:

chkconfig network on

service network start

The first one will make sure that the network service starts every
time you boot the machine && the second will start it immediately if
you haven't done so.

A few years ago I myself get rid of Network Manager & used only the
iwconfig tool ( I wrote down a little script) to connect to my home &&
work. Right now is more reliable so I don't know what could be your
scenario.

Regarding system-config-services don't worry about it. Use chkconfig
it's simple, faster &&  more reliable. Just read man 8 chkconfig and
you'll get it in no time.

Regards,

Edik