Fedora 14 cron sometimes executes multiple times

lhp1 lpeel at aircell.com
Tue Jun 28 16:40:33 UTC 2011

Root cause not known yet.  However, the problem is directly related to the
NTP service.  The box is also running vmware under Fedora 14.  Do not have
any further info as I'm not a primary admin of the vmware.  I do know that
the cron issue was resolved when NTP service was stopped.  Also, I found
that the ntpdate service had no effect on syncing up the date when I did try
to run it.