backup copy of F14 boots, but can't login

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:41:59 UTC 2011

thanks for all of the responses
to Tim: sticky bits on /tmp are set
to Ed Greshko:  I do not see 'authentication failure', the login screen just
recycles

to Kam Leo, others:   I can't get  runlevel 3 to take effect:

Working from my mainf14,
I changed the  /etc/inittab in the f14backup,
[root at f14 ~]# cd /media/rootusb2_
[root at f14 rootusb2_]# cat etc/inittab
id:3:initdefault:
[root at f14 rootusb2_]#

rebooted to the backupf14, same response,
acts like still in X blue screen,  login  screen just recycles, no change at
all.

To Lamar Owen, Dan Walsh:
I feel like a perpetual newbie re selinux.
Not sure how to proceed,
 because I can't get past the login screen in  backupf14 .
Anything I can do re selinux, working from my mainf14?

Jack